Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Matthew 28:19-20 “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Observation.  Jesus wants us to join him in his mission to save the world.  He has given us a mission to share his love and the gospel with others.  He wants us to reach those who don’t yet know him with the gospel message and help people grow in their faith.   And he promises to be with us in this endeavor to the end of time.

Application.  As I go about my daily life, God will give me opportunities to engage in his mission.  He will enable me to be sensitive to the Spirit’s move in my life and the lives of others.  Because of God’s lavish love for me, I can view others through the eyes of Jesus, recognizing that Jesus desires that all should be saved (1 Timothy 2:4).  As I share his word with others, I can be assured that his word is powerful and will accomplish the purpose for which it is sent (Isaiah 55:11).  I can have confidence that all things are possible with God (Matthew 19:26) and that I am not alone in his mission.

Prayer: Dear Jesus thank you for loving me and for giving me a purpose for my life.  Give me a passion to reach those who are lost and without hope in this world.  Help me to see others as you see them.  Help me to be sensitive to the opportunities you give me to share the gospel and help people to grow in their faith.  Thank you that I am not alone in this mission, that you promised to be with me forever. Amen.

Paul Michaletz

No comments:

Post a Comment